[ubuntu-in] How safe it is to install (*)ubuntu on a laptop

Kingsly John member+ubuntu at kingsly.net
Sun Jun 1 01:33:58 BST 2008

+++ Mehul Ved [2008-06-01 05:49:17]:

> On Sun Jun 01, 2008 at 01:49:06AM +0530, mallikarjun arjun wrote:
> > > The bug:
> > > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/59695
> > As of my knowledge there is no such bug.
> >  I am not sure.
>
> There is, as you can see the launchpad bug report. And as you can see,
> it's status is confirmed too.

The bug report also states...

<quote>
This problem has been confirmed in Ubuntu as well as in other distributions
and on MacOS X and Windows.
</quote>

So if you have one of those buggy harddisks you are fscked any which way.

If you aren't seeing those symptoms on your current OS, chances are they
won't show up under Linux either.

Kingsly

     Kingsly At Users Dot SourceForge Dot Net  -- http://kingsly.org/