[ubuntu-in] A Blog On Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 07:47:34 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Linux Lingam <linuxlingam at gmail.com>wrote:

> > what do you mean two sets of installs - two different boot up options ??
> >

> actually install 7.04 twice. on two different partitions. use one as
> my critical workstation bread-butter-tamatar use which i don't fiddle
> with much, as i know what works and what doesn't.
> use the other with lots of tweaks and fiddles, experimental software, and
> so on.

ah nice, so why not upgrade the testing fiesty to testing the upgraded
version - thats what i have done.

On the other hand i have redone my fiesty / gutsy so many times i have
forgotten - but what i do have is a list of stable packages that work and
everytime i install sometime new , if something breaks i know which was the
last package set i installed and know what not todo. Though i wish Synaptic
had a simple way or remembering the order in which packages were installed.