[ubuntu-in] Bhavani Shankar [was Re: What happened to ubuntu-in development ?]

Kingsly John member+ubuntu at kingsly.net
Wed Jan 23 10:17:01 GMT 2008

+++ Bhavani Shankar R [2008-01-23 11:40:22]:

> @Kingsly..
> Let me put it straight..

Since we are in straight talking mode...

Let me start by telling you that you have absolutely no clue about how open
source communities work. And even worse you think this is an Anarchy where
you can do as you please and ignore what everyone else (all of whom are much
more experienced than you) have been trying to tell you over the past year.

> I was not telling I am contributing to Gobuntu.. I was just saying Its based on
> the Gobuntu Idea
> with support for major  Indian Languages..

So you want to create a fork of Gobuntu just to add a bunch of translations?

That is the lamest reason to start a new distribution. Especially when any
translations that get into ubuntu automatically end up in Gobuntu.

>Let me put these questions to you:
> Do you contribute to ubuntu actively enough?
> If yes.. Show me your Launchpad page with any sort of contribution..
> If no, why dont you open up a page and start active contribution rather than

Here we go back to your obsession with having your "name on the wall" and
your craving for recognition.

Unlike you, most of us here contribute because we can, not because we crave
for fame and glory.

And my launchpad account won't be filled with lies like you have on your
page.

I have never and will never steal someone else's code and claim it as mine,
but you obviously have no problems doing that. Remember that 6 year old
apache exploit that you "re-writed"?

And for your information there are no software patents in India so whatever
"patented" software that you claimed to be working on that you can't talk
about is obviously 100% BS too.

So as things stand IMO you just steal other peoples code and are a liar, and I
have yet to see any worthwhile contribution from you.

> If you decide not to contribute then tell me the reason as to why are you here
> with a ton of criticisms for whatever the others do?
> If you tell you are under work pressure cant do it on a regular basis I will
> show you a number of examples in our community who are working but still
> actively contributing to debian and ubuntu in whichever way they can..

I believe I have done more than my fair share to the FOSS community in
India, definitely a LOT more than you probably ever will if you continue
with this crappy attitude of yours... and I said above, you are just a thief
and a liar and I don't need to explain myself to scum like you.

Also you obviously have no idea who I am, considering this is what you said
yesterday on IRC ...

--begin--
[22 Jan/16:30]< coolbhavi> real name kingsly John an engineer and a market
research expert in bangalore
--end--

Just so you know you got it 50% wrong .. the only thing right is my name and
where I live.

> Lastly, Dont flame, If you dont have the time on your hands to contribute..
> Please let interested people contribute.

We all know that you have too much time on your hands and you are wasting
our time by launching multiple DOA projects on launchpad and undermining the
efforts of people that are actually contributing. And quite honestly I don't
believe you have contributed anything other than all the heated discussions
on this mailing list and on IRC.

Kingsly

PS: Sorry list admins, but I couldn't put up with this guy's stupidity any
more.