[ubuntu-in] Trying to install Gutsy, Gparted says bad

Dinbandhu dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Tue Jan 8 16:02:35 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 21:01 +0530, Vishal Gaurav wrote:
> Hello,
> Here in this list have less chance to get help about g parted . Try to
> ask question in g parted mailing list or in there forum.
> Anyway,
> Probably your hard disk have bad sector.
> Which company make your hard disk.?
> Go to hard disk maker company website, You find tools about that.
>
> If you want to check the drive within winxp gui mode.
> "Go to my computer,then right click on drive and then click on
> properties, and then tools, click there on error checking tab"
> You found detailed information
>
> Also www.acronis.com softwares have another good tool for partition or
> for resizing."But not free ware".
> Now days hard disks are not too expensive, if have problem with old
> disk, then go for new.
> Hope this will help to you a little bit!

Thank you very much, Vishal.
I've actually tried just about everything I know-- including most of
what you've stated above. I didn't get the acronis, as I'd like to be
able to do it without purchasing software. But anyhow, I'll keep trying
today. If I can't get it fixed, I'll have to return the computer.

Swarup