[ubuntu-in] Getting alternate browser in ubuntu gusty

Sanjay Bhangar sanjaybhangar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:30:30 GMT 2008

 From: "Francis Bosco" <ifrbose at gmail.com>:
>When working with some websites in firefox, its not at all showing all
>components present in the particular website. They have mentioned this will
>work properly only with IE6.0 or above. Is there any other way to make that
>working?

You can get IE on Ubuntu:-) -
http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page . I would not recommend
it, but sometimes it is a necessity - the installation worked smoothly for
me (7.10) and I don't use it as my regular browser(of course!), but when I
need to test pages in IE, etc. it seems to work pretty well (you will need
Wine installed for this to work ($sudo apt-get install wine) ), and then
follow instructions from the above link .

>I want to have opera browser in my ubuntu system. I downloaded opera .deb
>package for ubuntu7.10 from opera website. When installing that using gDebi
>its showing like dependancy libqt3-mt is missing. Is there any other way to
>install opera in my ubuntu?

I used $sudo apt-get install opera    :-)
that should handle dependancies for you.. one of the wonderful (and
sometimes not so wonderful) things about Synaptic Package Manager...

((apologies if I broke the thread of the email - I have now switched out of
Digest Mode which forces this retarded cut and pasting of things))

All the best,
Sanjay