[ubuntu-in] Setting up local apt-get repository ?

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 14:03:28 GMT 2008

I added a dvd / cd of Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 and this was the line in sources.list
deb cdrom:[Gibbon1]/ gutsy main multiverse universe
and am able to access all the packages that are there on the DVD

i suitably modified my line for the section thats copied on to a usb
hard disk - as below

this is the line in my sources.list
deb file:////media/disk/ubuntu/gibbon1/ gutsy main multiverse universe

and this is the error i get if i try
ram at ram-laptop:~$ sudo aptitude update
Ign file: gutsy Release.gpg
Ign file: gutsy/main Translation-en_IN
Ign file: gutsy/multiverse Translation-en_IN
Ign file: gutsy/universe Translation-en_IN
Ign file: gutsy Release
Ign file: gutsy/main Packages
Ign file: gutsy/multiverse Packages
Ign file: gutsy/universe Packages
66% [Packages gzip 0]

it just gets stuck at this 66% percent mark
so what could be wrong ??

The error message in synaptic is similar (same)

now any suggestions , would be grateful

ram