[ubuntu-in] Problem with Ubuntu 8.10

Vinayak Mutalikdesai vinayak.mdesai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 01:52:28 GMT 2008

Hello all,

I am facing one issue with Ubuntu 8.10.

Previously I was using Ubuntu 8.04 which used to work fine with my computer
configuration. But when I tried to install 8.10 the installation window
stops responding after some time. So I searched in net and found that Ubuntu
8.10 doesn't supports Display driver for VIA chip-set [
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+question/53977]. Now I
upgraded 8.04 to 8.10 through Internet and I even replaced xorg.conf of 8.04
with the new xorg.conf but still I am unable to boot 8.10

--
Vinayak MutalikDesai
"There are only 10 type of people in the world, those who can understand