[ubuntu-in] Fwd: Warning with Ubuntu crap

Hardeep Singh hardeep1singh_s60 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Dec 22 19:22:05 GMT 2008

>I can't get exactly what he wants to say. Even if we install Ubuntu on a
removable drive, the MBR gets modified and points to stage2 on disk.
>How can the Windows disk get lost?

Probably he means he can't see Windows in the boot menu. This has happened
to me everytime I've tried to install Ubuntu on my PC from scratch (had to
reinstall a couple of times for several reasons). The trick lies in
installing grub to the bootsector of the partition. Once you've done that,
just load Windows, use Easy BCD and add an entry for Ubuntu to Vista/XP
bootloader. I know some people may prefer to use Grub as their primary
bootloader but I think Vista bootloader simply looks better. I just wish
Ubuntu provided an automated way of doing this. For eg. Offering an option
to either use grub or add an Ubuntu entry to the current bootloader.