[ubuntu-in] LCD monitors?

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 07:34:08 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Moz <listmoz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Are there any LCD monitors available in India which need custom
> softwares to configure and do not work with linux? A friend might
> move to linux in near future and is about to purchase a new PC, in Baroda.

I haven't come across any monitor which needs separate drivers, even
the LCD ones. We are using LCD monitors at our office without problem.

Sometimes you may need to make changes to xorg.conf for proper
frequency and resolutions etc.
I remember spending all night to get proper resolution on my friend's
32" LCD TV attached to PC when I installed Gutsy on his machine. But
hardy didn't need any tweaking, it worked ut of box.

Onkar