[ubuntu-in] My Laptop Wireless is not getting detected

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 06:34:58 BST 2008

Hi Shakthi Kannan

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Run the following:
>
>  wget http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/scripts/network-debug.sh
>  sh network-debug.sh > output.txt
>
> and paste output.txt to us.

Please don't mind my paranoia and rudeness but
assuming that the person is a newbie is it right to ask him to run a
script which from the wget link seems to be from a non official site

would it not be better to also explain what the script does and if it
is a series of commands that are contained within the script so that
the new
1. also know and understands whats happening and
2. be in the habit of avoiding readymade scripts as a solution

The reason i say this is because there are some mails and warnings
floating around of  bad scripts that do funny stuff.

**
Again to repeat - i have nothing against scripts that help people do a
job easily but want to help understand that not all scripts are
friendly.

regards
ram