[ubuntu-in] I am part of this community now

Mohan Dasaratha Rao dasaratharao at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 02:34:22 BST 2007

Hello everybody,
I started seeing threads to my posting and feeling  excited and involved. I
thank Mr. Rajesh for his kind words. I also see the posting of nan budh It
is really a mistake. Yes. It is can not be 27 years. My calculation was
wrong. I started exploring PC from 1985 itself with dos. I had exclusive PC
with windows from 1992. There were few versions earlier to windows 95.
Windows 95 upgrade was a major one in those days. If I remember correct, the
version of windows was 6.0, which I explored first. The installation files
were more than 40 nos in floppies. Thanks for indicating my error.

My Ubuntu is healthy. My first impression is that it is stable than windows.
Some of my applications I use in Windows do not have linux versions. Some
applications loaded in Ubuntu are not fully functional. These are early
times for me and I may be doing something wrong. After some exploration and
experimentation, I can come to a final conclusion.

The first major issue I have, at present, is WLAN setting. When I connect my
PC to wireless router (Airtel supplied Beetel 440 TXI ADSL modem + wireless
router) through cable, Ubuntu connects to the net. When I try to connect
through wireless PCI adapter (Netgear WG311GE v3), Ubutu does not work. I am
searching the net for a possible solution.

It is good that I joined this community. I would definitely be more
enlightened. Thank you all.

--
D. Mohan
Even at 58, learning never ceases!