[ubuntu-in] Help for Screen resolution

nan budh nanbudh at yahoo.co.in
Sun Oct 7 05:24:40 BST 2007

Ashfaq could u please give the details of what happened and when? LIke when u bought the machine it had vista and monitor worked fine.right?and then u installed ubuntu?now which version? 7.02? and then grub got installed into the bootsector. so now the situation is if on bootup u choose vista the monitor works fine and if u choose ubuntu with 1440*900 resolution it does not? I have not used nvidia drivers so i would like to know what exactly happened. Another thing, did the monitor work fine before downloading nvidia drivers? and is the screen now blank?

Ashfaq Shaikh <ashfaq.s76 at gmail.com> wrote: Dear friends,

I recently installed, Ubuntu 7.04 on my new AMD 64 pc with Asus chipset.
Alo my monitor is View sonic VG1930wn. After installation, and online
updates, of nvidia drivers, the required resolution of 1440x900 for this
monitor does not appear.

Although all other things are fine as I am still new and had not
utilised the potential heard of ubuntu. This odd problem is making me
nervous. As the pc has vista ultimate, which was shipped with the unit
shows brilliant colurs, on another partition, I would like ubuntu to be
my prime os and want to get rid of vista, as I grow in confidence.

Please help me out with this how to? and do let me have the details, as
I am totally novice with linux language please!

Looking forward for a genuine help.
Thanking all,
Ashfaq Shaikh.