[ubuntu-in] punjabi unicode matra character

nan budh nanbudh at yahoo.co.in
Mon Oct 1 14:56:11 BST 2007

take a look at this webpage to see the problem:
prabhsharanbir.blogspot.com
now here is a screenshot from Firefox (read the second and the thrid line of the poem carefully) http://picfu.com/link/247/013b811fb3b1bb22
and here is the screenshot from galeon browser of the same text which shows the correct characters sequence http://picfu.com/link/248/68fa65cb4f3008af

i want to highlight this bug so that something gets done about it. I will check the samething on windowsXP and see if firefox does that on that platform too.

thanks for the interest
regards
nanbudh

Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote: On 9/30/07, nan budh  wrote:
> hi
> i use ubuntu 6.06. the issue is that punjabi unicode characters (the matra
> characters) appear out of place on punjabi webpages on firefox, this is not
> the case when i view the same pages through galeon browser on ubuntu or IE
> on win XP. Could u tell me why is this so and how can i correct it?
> regards
> nanbudh

Can you provide the url of pages you are trying to access. Also if
possible post some screenshots of FF and Galeon showing the page
somewhere so that they can be compared with our experience.
www.picfu.com should help you in posting screenshots.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.

To experience the futility of the things we do.. we have to experience a LOT!