[ubuntu-in] Fwd: CS Ubuntu

Amit Karpe amitkarpe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 01:42:21 BST 2007

Hi all ,
           Look at this .

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: vaibhav khatavkar <vaibhav.khatavkar at oscpro.in>
Date: Sep 28, 2007 11:16 PM
Subject: CS Ubuntu
To: xubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

Hello,

       We intended to developed a Live CD which will be targeting
towards computer science student developers.
CS Ubuntu . ( Computer Science ) .

WHY WE INTEND TO DO SO ???

   1.  In Pune,India we have about 15000 students who are programmers.
In India 2-3 Lacks .
   2. We have Ubuntu as the solution but it does not provide all
development packages that he needs in one single setup.
   3. Many of them have fear in mind regarding "Linux" due to
partition table management . So they are not going to install Ubuntu
after first introduction .
   4. Having Live CD equipped with development environment will be
pretty useful to them ..
   5. Also we want XFCE Desktop because in India most of ppl have
128MB to 256MB of RAM .

What we intend to give with live cd  :

    *       LAMP stack
    *       c/c++ IDE
    *        ddd
    *        java IDE
    *        perl, python , ruby on rail
    *        umbrello
    *         bluefish,nvu , quanta+

We don't need office suit and other language stuff .

--
with regards,
vaibhav.

Regards