[ubuntu-in] Sify - getting online ...

Ravi Shanker ra21vi at gmail.com
Wed May 2 00:23:45 BST 2007

I too used to have sify, but then changed to Airtel. The same problem
with me, log into windows client and then come back to Linux. Also, sify
wont ever upgrade the Linux client. Anyway, I dont have any good
solution for you, but maybe here this trick work (just thought, its no
where stated or tested I think)..

Install wine, and then install their client in Linux using wine. You
need their windows client software (here may be break, as i remember
they used to check many things like antivirus and other stuff in
system).. If it installs, then try logging into.. When i was analyzing
what sify client sends to server, it was login packets with ethernet
address, so maybe that will work for you.

Else, there are some projects called Easy Linux (I think).. try tht