[ubuntu-in] Need Help

subhanil CHOWDHURY subhanilc at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 08:24:53 BST 2007

Well, now I can play the example file properly on my
computer.

The problems are the following:
1) I cannot play any audio file in the computer. The
files are on a cd and are MP3 files. The computer is
reading the cd and icons are seen on the screen. BUt
when the files are selected to be played, a message is
displayed suggesting that while the file is a MP3 one,
the contents are suggesting to the computer that the
file is a text file and therefore the computer cannot
play it.

2) similar is the case with the video files on a cd.
when the vcd was inserted, the totem window opened and
the following message was displayed:
No URI handler implemented for "vcd".

3) The following gstreamers were installed:
gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly
gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg

4) along with this i have also installed vlc and
mplayer. However, no files are playing.

Please help.
regards,
Subhanil