[ubuntu-in] Hello.. I am Bhavani Shankar.. I have got a new idea...

Bhavani Shankar R right2bhavi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 09:59:45 BST 2007

Hi,
I have got a new idea of making a special version of ubuntu specially suited
for India called Indubuntu... where installation in all major languages of
India is provided and localisation of OS in their own language is provided
and thereby enabling better accessibility to  more and more people... what I
thought was it comes with a GNOME desktop and all the menus,title bars
information displays and help system all in their own languages... I have
registered the project on launchpad.. Please join the indubuntu team and
please support this project..anyone interested can join... I am facing my
exams right now.. It ends on july 14th after that I will start working on
this.. You might say linux is modular... But open solaris is also modular..
yet BELENIX based on Open solaris was developed by our Indian folks.. and
thats the only os developed in India.. When Belenix was developed on Open
solaris... Why not a distro based on hugely popular UBUNTU? I hope you all
got what I was saying..

Regards
Bhavani Shankar.
A proud ubentero and a linux enthusiast