[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu Studio opens up

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Wed Jun 13 06:31:34 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 05:26 +0530, ramnarayan.k at gmail.com wrote:
> Soumyadip Modak wrote:
> > Ubuntu Studio is now officially available. Get it here :
> > http://ubuntustudio.org/downloads
> >
> wow

I wouldn't get too excited yet. It is a step in the right direction,
but needs more work on video applications, etc.

> is it possible to install the ubuntu studio packages via apt-get on a
> normal ubuntu setup

I would suggest doing it the other way round, i.e., install Ubuntu
Studio first, and then add Feisty repositories to /etc/apt/sources.list,
and get what you need from there. This is because there are several
important core items in Ubuntu Studio suited to multimedia work: A low-
latency kernel, the muted desktop theme, etc.

Regards,
Gora