[ubuntu-in] OO Writer freezing when write in Devanagari

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Dec 15 16:27:34 GMT 2007

On Saturday 15 December 2007 21:43, Dinbandhu wrote:

>> Can you run OpenOffice from a terminal, and
>> show us any error messages when the crash happens?
>
>I haven't been using terminal lately, and I've forgotten how to run
>OpenOffice from terminal. Here below are my failed attempts:

>swarup at swarup-laptop:~$ run openoffice.org
>bash: run: command not found
>swarup at swarup-laptop:~$ openoffice.org
>bash: openoffice.org: command not found

OpenOffice, please note, is the name of the *office* suite. If you were
(are) a power Windows user, you'll know MS-Word has its application
named winword. Similarly, openoffice, under Ubuntu can be started at
the terminal by typing

username at machinename: ~$ oowriter

(Similarly, you can start Impress (presentation), Calc (spreadsheet)
using the following commands, oocalc).

A better way to find out, what applications you can start from command
line, in your office suit, is to type "oo" and then press tabs (once or
twice) to list the Office suit's available apps.

>If you tell me how to run it from terminal then I'll do so. Then when
>the crash happens, I guess an error message will show up automatically
>in terminal? Or will I have to request for one.

I hope, you'll now be able to fire up Oo from the command line. :)