[ubuntu-in] OO Writer freezing when write in Devanagari

Dinbandhu dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Fri Dec 14 15:59:32 GMT 2007

Hello,

I do a lot of typing in Hindi (Devanagari) using OO Writer 2.3. I input
characters using SCIM M17N-hi-baraha. I find that, in a typical two-hour
typing session, the program will freeze 5-8 times requiring me to close
down Writer by force, and reopen it. In addition to the time loss,
usually I lose a couple of sentences in this process, and have to retype
them.

I am running Ubuntu 7.04, and my laptop is 10 GB HD, celeron 433 mhz
chip, RAM 288 MB [at 100 mhz].

I have not encountered this problem when writing in English.

Have others had any similar problem with freezing while typing in SCIM?
If not, then do you think it may be related with my chip and RAM speed?
Or is it just a characteristic of typing in Writer/SCIM?

Thanks,
Swarup