[ubuntu-in] While translating...

Aniruddha Shankar karim at sarai.net
Tue Oct 3 14:31:09 BST 2006

Omkar wrote:
> I have another suggestion, though. Please make sure that you leave
> keyboard shortcuts intact.

Wherever the original string contains a keyboard shortcut, I've left it
intact.

> By the way, I am assuming that you are making translations in
> launchpad. If it is so then you should easily get translation
> suggestions for same words in other packages.

Only if that word/phrase appears by itself. It would be interesting if
Launchpad's Rosetta could have a feature where you could search the entire
translations in a particular language for a particular word or phrase.
Hmm...maybe I should file a bug

> Also keep an eye on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdgyReleaseSchedule for
> translation deadlines.

October 12th is the deadline for debian installer, 9 days away. I'd be
more than willing to host a quick translation camp for debian installer
and http://snipurl.com/xvzy in the Cybermohalla lab at the  Ankur office
in Delhi on 10th and/or 11th (Linux computers w/ hindi (and possibly
WiFi), broadband, endless chai, biskoot, isnacks, lunch), if anyone's up
for some shramdaan.

cheers,

Aniruddha Shankar