Getting to know one another

Laura Czajkowski laura at lczajkowski.com
Tue Jun 1 15:51:01 BST 2010

Aloha!

I recently went to the UK and attended the Canonical Release party of
Lucid and met Stephanie! She's Irish and works for Canonical.  It got me
thinking there are a lot of us on this mailing list and it'd be a nice
idea to get to know one another and tell us a little about yourselves.

So me! I'm involved in the Ubuntu Community in many ways, I'm on the
Ubuntu LoCo Council [0] which is very interesting dealing with teams and
hearing the stuff they are working on, gives me some great ideas.   I've
also been elected on the EMEA membership board [1] and hopefully we will
see more Irish going for their Ubuntu membership, at present there are 5
of us!

Outside of Ubuntu land I run and organise Open Source Barcamps - and try
and promote open source where I can.  Up until recently my day job was a
software tester but I'm now job hunting.  I'm now based in Limerick if
anyone wants to meet up.

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/RegionalBoards/EMEA

So who else is on here :)