Geeknick-> Dun Laoghaire

tDR112 tdr112 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 17:01:32 BST 2010

Hello all
Thank you for voting in the poll, it is now over and Sun 18th was the winner.
Details Below

What:
Geeknick?? Its a picnic for geeks and there family and friends. Please
feel free to bring your family and friends.
This is a family friendly event and kids are more than welcome.

Where:
Peoples Park, Dun Laoghaire.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.29015&mlon=-6.12834&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF
We will meet in the park at the band stand. See map.

When:
2.00pm Sunday 18th of July.

How to get there:
Dun Laoghaire Dart station is you best bet by public transport it
takes about 25 minutes from Connolly.
Here are some trains leaving Connolly around 2pm.
18/07 13:07-Arr13:30
18/07 13:29-Arr13:53
18/07 13:45-Arr14:01
18/07 13:50-Arr14:13
18/07 14:09-Arr14:33
It's a short walk from the train station.

Parking
There looks to be loads of parking around the park , with a carpark at
Newtownsmith Park Parking near by.

Cost:
Noting, we are meeting in a public park.

What to bring :
Its a picnic. Bring anything(but I think there is no BBQ in the park)
Bring  food , drink for yourself and a little extra to share.
For those who forget to bring food, there is a farmers market on the
day in the park that sells all sorts of nice food.

Backup:
There is a chance of rain, come on it's Ireland. If there is rain on
the day, keep an eye on the irc channel and twitter account
http://twitter.com/ubuntuie for updates.
We will be still going to Dun Laoghaire but we might move somewhere in doors.

WIFI
Don't know don't care. Come on it's a picnic, the internet will be
still there when you get back.

I hope to see I lot of you there the Geeknick's are always good fun.

Jeffrey Roe,
www.tog.ie