Edubuntu in NI School

Julie Pichon julie.pichon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 21:33:34 GMT 2010

Hi,

On 18 February 2010 23:25, Declan McGrath <declan at weuseopensource.com> wrote:
> Ya, it was a nice piece of news. I hope it works out well because it would be
> a great reference case for other schools to follow. I'm sure it will be a
> great success!
>
> Hope some schools down here get on board in the same way soon!

Last time I was looking around I found this case study of a primary
school in Kerry: http://opensourceschools.org.uk/node/729 .

Although they're having some great successes, it's kind of mitigated
by teachers' reluctance to use/learn an operating system they're not
familiar with (so they're using Edubuntu on their first older machine;
and free software (and freeware) running on Windows for the new
machines). That's why I'm really curious about Andrew Gribben's
experience and I hope follow-up posts will mention how to get (and
keep!) the school staff on board.

All the best,

Julie