Fwd: Announcing Ubuntu Open Week
laura at lczajkowski.com
Fri Apr 16 22:14:25 BST 2010
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Announcing Ubuntu Open Week
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:23:37 -0400
From: Jorge O. Castro <jorge at ubuntu.com>
Reply-To: Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts
<loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com, "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo)
contacts" <loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>, ubuntu-devel
<ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>
Hear ye, hear ye!
The IRC Classroom sensation Ubuntu Open Week has returned! Coming 3-7
May in #ubuntu-classroom. This is where we run an entire week's worth
of sessions for Ubuntu users over a wide range of topics. As a bonus,
Open Week in Spanish is also returning! Here's the schedule:
Here's a quick FAQ:
* Is it too late to run a session?
- Nope, we can always add extra sessions if we get more
volunteers, so if you want to run a session then get a hold of us!
This is the week after release so the buzz of new users will be
exciting, a perfect opportunity to teach a class!
* I want an Open Week in my own language!
- Grab a wiki page and Just Do It(tm). Let us know and we'll help
get the word out. If you can't find enough speakers for a whole week
then just do what sessions you can.
* Hey no fair, my *buntu (and/or other team) is missing!
- We always want to use OpenWeek to get more users interested in
your project and to find volunteers. Ping me for a session and we'll
get you on the schedule.
* Sneaky, you scheduled me for a session and didn't even ask!
- Likely you've done a session in the past and people demanded more
of you. Don't be so awesome next time.
If there's any questions or if you're unsure if you want to commit
just stop by #ubuntu-community-team on freenode IRC and ask!
jorge (at) ubuntu.com
External Project Developer Relations
loco-contacts mailing list
loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com
More information about the Ubuntu-ie