[ubuntu-hardened] Linux kernel: old version and system security.

daniel curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:19:03 UTC 2016

​Hi Seth,

True, live patching seems pretty interesting. Yes, I know: six months. Not
too much time, but should be enough to copy all important files, scripts
etc. But there is one thing, which scares me: it's systemd :- )

There's so many opinions and I really don't know what to think. I read
about controversy over the decision to use systemd as the default init
system for Debian. Maybe 'Devuan' is right, maybe not? Well, I'll have to
check it by myself.

Honestly, I think Linux Distributions should/could prepare - let say - two
images: one with systemd and one without it. Even if users can remove
systemd and use other init mechanism. But it's only my personal opinion. Of
course some systemd features are really nice.

Okay, systemd is not part of this discussion, so... Thank You once again
for an answers :- )

Regards, Seth.