[ubuntu-hardened] Who makes Policy for Ubuntu apparmor?

Michael J Daniel michael.j.daniel956 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:00:54 UTC 2012

HI!

Who makes policy for Ubuntu apparmor?
(I just had this idea, though I doubt I'm the first.)

It would be great if the user and system administrator has the following
interaction with apparmor.

While browsing Ubuntu Software Center, they can see which packages
are certified protected by apparmor.
When they install the package and run the software, they know its
execution is protected by apparmor.

It would be great if the package developer has the following interaction
with apparmor.

Part of the development process for their program is to create an
apparmor policy, pretest it for apparmor certification and include it in
their package.

It would be great if the independent apparmor certification team has the
following interaction with apparmor.

Part of making a package is available for installation from the Ubuntu
Software Center is to check it for an apparmor profile, test the
profile, and designate it a apparmor certified.

It would be great if the Ubuntu Security Team has the following
interaction with apparmor.

Create and maintain the processes and tools to make the above user,
administrator, and developer interactions happen.

What do you think?
How close is Ubuntu to something like this?

michael