Proposal to drop 32-bit Ubuntu GNOME support after 18.04 LTS

Aryan Ameri public at aryanameri.com
Mon Mar 27 21:39:13 UTC 2017

On 28/3/17 03:21, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> The Ubuntu GNOME team is considering dropping support for 32-bit
> computers after 18.04 LTS.

Just wanted to express my support for this.

Intel released its last 32-bit only x86 processor in 2008, and that was
the low-end Atom Diamondville, targeting netbooks. Without even an
integrated GPU, I really doubt anyone is using such a thing today to
drive a modern Linux desktop.

AMD released its last 32-bit only x86 processor in 2004.

By 2021, these systems have lived well beyond their expected life.

--
Aryan Ameri