Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 LTS is here!

Sanjay Chakravarty sanjayc2911 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 12:38:22 UTC 2016

I found something weird yesterday. I thought it is best to disable all
startup programs before upgrading. If I do that and then click Upgrade
in Update Manager, I get the "Welcome to the Xenial Xerus Development
Release". However, if all the startup applications are running, and I
initiate upgrade, I get the correct message, "Welcome to Xenial Xerus
release". I wonder what the mystery is. Perhaps some environment flags
are getting set by some startup app!

Anyway, I succeeded in upgrading, so the above is for the info of everyone.

/Warm Regards
Sanjay/