Question regarding the upgrade to 14.04.3

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Mon Aug 3 13:07:07 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Patrik Bubák <bubapa at privacyrequired.com>
wrote:

> Hi lads,

Hi,

> I'm not exactly sure how should I proceed if I'm on 14.04.2 and want to
> upgrade to .3. Will the update be available via the update manager, or is
> it recommended to rather do a quick re-install of /?

It's a normal upgrade, nothing special to be done :)

However, you need to know these facts:

   1. If this is Ubuntu GNOME 14.04.0 or 14.04.1 upgraded to 14.04.2 then
   you will get 3 years LTS support.
   2. If this is Ubuntu GNOME 14.04.2 then see:
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack#Kernel.2BAC8-Support.A14.04.x_Ubuntu_Kernel_Support

I sent earlier:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-gnome/2015-August/003366.html

Hope that helps :)