Introduction (eliasps)

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Tue Nov 25 05:11:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 8:34 AM, Elias Psallidas <
eliasps.lists at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,

Hello Elias and everyone,

First of all, please accept my apology for the very late reply. I have a
very bad habit if I won't reply an email the moment it arrives, I sometimes
forget to reply :(

Sorry about that!

> I decided to get more involved with the Ubuntu GNOME Project which I use
> as the main Linux distribution on my computer, so this is an e-mail to
> introduce myself. :)

You have made the right choice, no doubt about that. Thank you for joining,
using and choosing Ubuntu GNOME!

> My name is Elias, I am from Greece and I'm mainly involved with our
> (approved) Greek Local Community (Ubuntu-gr[1]) by supporting users with
> various issues they deal with, promoting the use of Ubuntu, GNOME and
> Ubuntu GNOME, moderating the forum[2], designing the e-magazine of
> Ubuntu-gr (Ubuntistas[3]) using LaTeX, and motivating users to get involved.
> From time to time I get involved with other areas as well. I proudly
> joined the Ubuntu Members Team[4] over a year ago. A full summary of my
> involvement can be found on my wiki page[5].

We do need someone like you. You are indeed on the right place :D

> My main interests regarding Ubuntu are in translations, promotion, QA
> testing of Ubuntu and GNOME. I am an author at ubuntugnome.gr[6] which is
> administrated and maintained by diamond_gr[7], and translated some of the
> Ubuntu GNOME wiki pages in Greek.

The areas you have mentioned are all important but if truth to be told, we
do need Marketing and QA at the moment more than anything else. That does
not mean other areas are less important but there are areas of need.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved/Roles

> Unfortunatelly, my schedule in real life is constantly changing so I
> cannot commit to any long-term contribution with the risk of becoming a
> "ghost member", but if there is a big workload on the areas of
> Documentation, Communications and Testing, let me know and I would be happy
> to help.

For Wiki and Docs, everything is under control for now.
As mentioned above, we lack lots of help within Marketing and we always
need more testers.

The good news is: you don't need many hours, you just need 1 hour or even
30mins daily if that is possible or couple of hours weekly.

> Last but not least, I want to congratulate all of you for supporting and
> working on Ubuntu GNOME. The team is doing an amazing job with it and this
> reflects on the high-quality distribution of Ubuntu GNOME which comes to my
> desktop since the day of the Ubuntu GNOME Remix release announcement.

This kind and nice words mean a lot to us and to me as well. Thank you so
much!

> If you need anything, you can get in touvh with me as described here[8]
> (although avoid using the @ubuntu.com e-mail because I changed my SSO
> information yesterday and it may take a while for those e-mails to get
> forwarded to my new account).

I still did not setup my @ubuntu.com because of some technical problems as
far as I can tell :/

We don't contact other member individually, usually. We use the mailing
list. Sometimes though, we do that - case to case.

> Keep up the good work!
> Best regards,
> Elias

I am sure you did read this all:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved

Correct?

> [1] http://ubuntu-gr.org/
> [2] http://forum.ubuntu-gr.org/
> [3] http://ubuntistas.ubuntu-gr.org/
> [4] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntumembers
> [5] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/eliasps
> [6] http://www.ubuntugnome.gr/
> [7] https://launchpad.net/~diamond-gr
> [8] http://people.ubuntu.com/~eliasps/contact.html

Once more, welcome to Ubuntu GNOME :)
I shall make an announcement on the social media ;)

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-gnome/2014-November/002528.html

Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
*Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
http://torios.org - StartUbuntu <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu> -
http://amjjawad.net

<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GetUbuntuGNOME>