Including a new GTK theme in Ubuntu GNOME

Tim tim at feathertop.org
Wed Feb 19 11:29:32 UTC 2014

Hi Satyajit,
   I think you have really left this a bit late.

   While I am not opposed to shipping extra themes, I will not be
putting a non-default theme in ubuntu-gnome-default-settings. Despite
what you say, GTK themes do break each and every cycle, perhaps not as
critical but still plenty of glitches etc. I also have a suspicion that
people looking for a theme, are at a first instance going to search
google for it, rather than checking what is installed.

Now the right way to do this would be to get your theme into the ubuntu
Archives as a package, then we could get it included in the default
install (as an additional theme) if the rest of the artwork team are
happy with that. All of this may be a little late for trusty however you
could atleast try.

Tim