GNOME Music, Weather and Maps

John Markh john.markh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 16:33:57 UTC 2014

I have noticed that gnome-weather, gnome-music and gnome-maps are now
(finally!) part of Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 official repository. Should we
include these applications by default?

Moreover (the next question/discussion will be along the lines of "are
we more Gnome or more Ubuntu focused"), while gnome-music is not as
feature reach as Rhythmbox, should we consider to make it a default
music player leaving Rhythmbox as an alternative (not installed by
default)? It is stable, lightweight, and has 98% functionality for a
normal user.