No Canonical spying left in Ubuntu GNOME?

Christian Dysthe cdysthe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 15:27:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

One of my main reasons for leaving stock Ubuntu for Ubuntu GNOME was the
spying and sales pitches through the HUD in Unity. I couldn't find a way
to get rid of it all. I do like Gnome Shell a lot but there are aspects
of Ubuntu I would not like to give up (like PPA access) so Ubuntu GNOME
was as close as I could get to what I had.

One question I have though is whether all of the spyware like additions
to stock Ubuntu is gone in Ubuntu GNOME (as long as I do not add any
Unity related packages to my system)?. I just would like to have
confirmed that Ubuntu GNOME is clean in this regard.

It's a phenomenal distro btw. Love it so far! :)

--
//Christian
Dropbox - Your stuff anywhere! - https://db.tt/U8MqkVR