Ubuntu GNOME Bug - Update

Nathan Russell nathanrussell.nrc02 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 16:25:34 UTC 2014

I'd like to first raise awareness of every piece of evidence or relevant
data I'm aware of regarding the bug.

1) The Ubuntu Forum thread I first submitted to try and gain information on
the validity of the bug: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2240710

2) The bug I subscribed to and heavily edited, to address the technical
causes and effects of the bug, to the best of my ability:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/1310322

I'd now like to mention my thoughts on the true severity of this problem;
due to the very nature of the bug itself, it is likely to manifest itself
automatically (regardless of differences between one computer and another)
in every single installation of Ubuntu GNOME present, future, and
(dependant on the usage of GTK+ header bars) past.

The practically infinite spread of Bug #1310322, in my opinion, gives it
heat enough to be tackled as soon as practically plausible.

I apologise I can't offer any useful technical advise on this bug, but I do
hope this effort will eventually lead to the bugs fix.