GNOME 3 PPA outdated?

Adam Eveleigh adam1eveleigh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 09:12:06 UTC 2014

Hello again,

Thank you for replying everyone.

Ali, it wasn't 'advertising' as such but the description of the
PPA<https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3> has
this in it:

'=== Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) ===
GNOME 3.12 that didn't made it into the normal Ubuntu 14.04 repositories.
​'

Which implies that there is GNOME 3.12 in the repositories now when there
obviously isn't. Maybe it should have '(in progress)' after it or something
to make it clear that the PPA hasn't quite got there yet? Thank you for
CC'ing Tim, I would be interested to hear how one could help start
packaging and somehow submitting to this PPA and what the process is.

Silva I'm not trying to be harsh on the hard-working developers (and I very
much appreciate their hard work), I'm asking how I can get involved to
speed up the process! I am also looking forward to 3.12.

And Steve, I agree that it takes time and (again) I am wondering how I can
help speed it up and lessen your work load in the long run.

Thanks again,
Adam Eveleigh