GNOME 3 PPA outdated?

Steve Ovens steve_ovens at linux.com
Sun Apr 20 17:22:27 UTC 2014

We are working to update all of the apps. It takes time to unravel all of
the dependencies and there is a staged approach. Rest assured that we will
be updating the PPA over the next few weeks and we ask for patience. It is
also the Easter weekend for some of us, which is a time where not much gets
done. On top of that Tim had (or is having) internet issues and I was away
for 2 weeks. That slows things right down as well. Updates are coming
though!

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Shenal Silva <shenal.silva007 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Let's not be harsh on the hard working developers who have worked without
> any sleep for the past few months in bringing the LTS release .
>
> However one thing I noted is that as a gnome-staging ppa user is that I
> recieved updates for packages such as totem but the sad thing is that still
> it was the version 3.10.1 :( as I was looking forward to the 3.12 version
> which is supposed to have cool new features
> On 16 Apr 2014 14:42, "Adam Eveleigh" <adam1eveleigh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The GNOME 3 PPA <https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3> says
>> that it's for 3.12 packages but it has only 3.8 and 3.10 packages in it. Is
>> there any chance that I could help get 3.12 packages into the PPA? What's
>> the testing process for them (and can I get involved in that) or could I
>> just install the 3.12 packages from Debian Experimental on my machine and
>> then upload them to the PPA if they work? (Considering they've been
>> released as 'stable' upstream...)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Adam Eveleigh
>>
>> --