Website logo

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Thu Apr 17 12:28:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 2:34 PM, David Raphaël <raphael.david at epfl.ch>wrote:

>  Hello the team,

Hello and thank you for your email :)

> I am an old gnome user (coming from debian) and I have decided to try your
> gnome flavour. I have to admit I am quite impressed. Everything is fluid
> and polish. Very good job!

Thank you for choosing and using Ubuntu GNOME and we're glad to read such
good feedback :)

> However, I think that your website is missing some very simple features
> that encourages the users to try your distribution: a logo and an icon.
> Coming from google to download your distro, I first thought it was a fake
> page or a domain name that was to sell.
> Ubuntu is reputed for its very polished look and field even in the
> websites. All the flavours seem to follow the same guideline in the
> websites to fit inside the ubuntu philosophy. Don't you think you could add
> a logo? I know it's stupid, but it has its importance for people who
> doesn't know which distro to choose.

We have decided to not do any changes to our website except:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/improve-ubuntugnome-website

During the Trusty Tahr Cycle, our one and only priority was getting the LTS
status and nothing else does matter as much as that. Now, we got it and
we're few hours to celebrate our first LTS release; we need some time to
have a rest after very long busy 6 months of hard work and start planning
for the next cycle :)

I'm very much aware of the website issue :)
One of my plans is to make it much better but that can wait 1-2 weeks until
we start planning for the next cycle :)

> Thank you for your answer and good luck with the first LTS release! ;-)

I really appreciate your email and please be sure this one is not forgotten
:)

By the way, kindly subscribe to Ubuntu GNOME mailing list so that I don't
have to approve your emails every time. Only subscribers can send emails
directly and their emails never wait on the queue to be approved :)

Once more, thanks for choosing and using Ubuntu GNOME and hope you enjoy
our coming LTS release!

*Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
Join Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved>
Test Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing>
Contact Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs>