[Testing] Ubuntu Saucy + GNOME 3.10 + fglrx

Christian Kirbach christian.kirbach at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 15:57:15 UTC 2013

Am Montag, den 30.09.2013, 09:07 +0200 schrieb Fran Dieguez:
> On lun 30 sep 2013 02:47:13 CEST, Manuel Cuadra wrote:
> > Could you please tell how you did it?? I haven't been able to install
> > the driver for AMD cards.
> >

> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I finally managed to install the fglrx driver and now it's working
> >> perfectly.

Are you using the gnome3-testing PPA and do you see your desktop
background?

> My fault was trying to install the fglrx-updates package, according to
> some forums this could not work for all.
>
> sudo apt-get remove --purge fglrx-updates fglrx-amdcccle-updates
> sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic fglrx fglrx-amdcccle

Hmm I wonder what the difference between fglrx and fglrx-updates
packages is. Driver version and changelogs seem to match.
By the way this looks like AMD's 13.6beta driver to me, with
patches to support Linux kernel 3.11

--
Christian Kirbach <christian.kirbach at gmail.com>