[Translation] Wiki Page and Activities

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 22:47:41 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 1:10 AM, Fran Dieguez <fran.dieguez at mabishu.com>wrote:

> On sáb 28 sep 2013 13:45:33 CEST, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since I have posted the announcement of recruiting, I've received some
>> requests/questions regarding Translation.
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**UbuntuGNOME/Translations<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Translations>
>>
>> This Page needs some love and care :)
>> Unfortunately, just like Developing, Translation is not my cup of tea.
>>
>> Please, for those who are interested in this area, feel free to edit
>> that page and if you need any help for editing the pages, let me know!
>>
>> There is a simple HOWTO Create a Wiki Page [1] but I might do another
>> one later for HOWTO Edit a Wiki Page with more contents.
>>
>> Thank you for your help and support!
>>

>> [1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**UbuntuGNOME/HowTo#HOWTOs<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/HowTo#HOWTOs>
>>
>> --
>> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>> Best Regards,
>> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**amjjawad<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>> >
>> Areas of Involvement <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**
>> amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
>> >
>> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**amjjawad/Projects<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>
>> >

> Hi Ali,
>
> do you think that our project needs an specialized subgroup when the
> Ubuntu Translators team could handle this?

No, we don't need that 'at the moment' :) that is why, I did not create any
sub-group nor sub-team for that. However, I do ask everyone to contribute
to each and every area and the translation is one of these area. ALL what
we have is an empty page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Translationsbut that should not be
for a long time as I see serious will to help from
members of this team.

> I don't know a lot of other language teams, but in the Ubuntu Galician
> translators team we handle all the Ubuntu spins from there.

I have NO idea whatsoever about anything related to Translation. I have
asked for some help as this area needs some love, and I volunteered to take
care of that Wiki Page but I haven't ever mentioned I will do any
translation :P

> So from the Galician team part I don't think that we need to form a
> subgroup of us to handle GNOME translations as upstream translators handle
> the GNOME side and the Ubuntu ones are handled by us.
>
> Regards

Yes, our members who are willing to help with Translations need to approach
Ubuntu Translation Team and organize with them. I will consult some friends
and ask them if they have some mates on the Translation Team.

Thank you!