[Testing] Low Resolution Install Problem

Manuel Cuadra manuelcua at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 22:55:57 UTC 2013

Hello everyone, I had a problem installing Ubuntu GNOME Desktop amd64
for Saucy Daily 26-09-2013, the problem is as follows:

I have a Monitor that can handle 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions
(very old monitor) the thing is when I start the "Install Gnome" from
Grub it starts Gnome directly to the Install program without the
ability to go into settings like when I use the "Try Gnome" Option, so
the install detects by default my 800x600 Resolution and with the
extra title bar space over the windows it doesn't show any of the
"Accept" or "Continue" buttons at the bottom right of the screen, I
had to guess with Tab commands to get there...

Should I file this as a bug?? because there will be some people that
will install this on low resolution screens like Netbooks, it almost
seems like it needs at least 768 of height to display a complete
window and be able to install without problems.

Hope that someone can help.

Cheers,

Manuel