Issue with the notification area

Phil Wyett one.ukit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 03:27:34 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-09-14 at 09:41 +0200, Romuald TISSERAND wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can give an update after the Tim advices.
>

> Finally, trigger the notification with the touchpad is pretty easy. I
> put the cursor few cms above the notification area, and with a good
> finger movement, no problem, it's 100% successfull. With the mouse,
> it's more problematic even if I know now what I must do. I can try 20
> times, and won't get even 1 success. I have to train myself a bit more
> I guess, but it's a bit difficult.
>
> romu

Hi,

I have never had an issue with the top left hot corner, but I did have
as you described have issues with popping up the bottom notification
area using a mouse on both desktops and laptops.

Quick fix for this I use is to turn off 'vblank'. Create a file in your
HOME folder called .drirc and insert the text below.

<driconf>
    <device screen="0" driver="dri2">
        <application name="Default">
            <option name="vblank_mode" value="0" />
        </application>
    </device>
</driconf>

All seems to get a little easier with the notification area after.

Regards

Phil