GNOME Apps in UbuntuGNOME

Tim tim at feathertop.org
Wed Sep 18 11:34:31 UTC 2013

On 18/09/13 08:23, Fran Dieguez wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> After an awesome work from Tim, almost all the errors I've been reporting are now fixed or close to be fixed. So now that everything is in a
> good shape to get a gorgeous UbuntuGNOME release and an "stable" integration with the 3.10 version (at least available through PPAs), I have
> to ask to look a little bit forward.
>
> I know that GNOME 3.10 will be officially published next 25th and from that day the final tarballs will be published and available for
> packagers to work with, but I want to know if the new app previews will be available from the staging PPA. I'm talking specifically about
> gnome-maps and gnome-music.
They will appear eventually but arent really a priority at this stage! That said they could be a good project for someone who wants to get into
helping out with packaging. gnome-music is already on ppa:ricotz/testing, so just need to be rebased against the release tarball. gnome-maps
should just be a simple single binary package (see for example gnome-weather package, it will be similar to that)

Tim