[FEEDBACK] Rating Ubuntu GNOME 13.10

Fran Dieguez fran.dieguez at mabishu.com
Tue Oct 22 15:38:43 UTC 2013

I've already give a mark in Facebook but I will explain here a little more
about my mark.

I have to differentiate whether you use Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 with or without
PPAs to get GNOME 3.10:

- Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 (no PPAs)
I think is a rock solid distribution, quite stable and without problems. In
my computer works like a charm and no errors could be distinguished in a
daily work. No privacy problems, animations are shown smoothly, system
integration, ... no complains from my side.

Mark: 9.5 out of 10.

- Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 (with gnome3, gnome3-next, gnome3-staging PPAs)
Here come my problems. Everything is quite stable, I really love the new
look and feel (client side decorations, general UX, ...) but I have some
angry bugs that makes me decrease my mark and make a little hard to use the
GNOME 3.10 + Ubuntu GNOME integration. I'm talking specifically about these
bugs reports.

Brightness keyboard keys doesn't work in GNOME 3.10
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1232594

Screen brightness goes to 0 after removing power cord
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1233675

Unable to manage bluetooth devices form g-c-c
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1232600

All in all, I will continue to use this integration in my daily working
laptop

What gets me bothered is the lack of comments/actions from developers in
launchpad or even other users support in those bug reports. For the sake of
information, those bugs are not reproducible in the Fedora 20 nightly
images.

Mark: 7 out ouf 10.

Sorry for inserting noise into this channel, but I just want to get those
problems fixed for all the users. Hoping this GNOME 3.10 version will be
integrated into the next Ubuntu 14.04 release.

Regards