Can not change background

Tim tim at feathertop.org
Tue Oct 22 00:24:33 UTC 2013

On 22/10/13 09:42, Mark Blakeney wrote:
> Gnome shell on Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 crashes nearly every time I change the
> background as I commented on https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/
> gnome-control-center/+bug/1196196. The Ubuntu maintainer there stated
> that bugs due to ppa's can not be reported on launchpad(?).
>
> Most using Ubuntu GNOME would be using the gnome3 ppa at least, and
> probably gnome3-next as well. Can we not report bugs on launchpad? Where
> should we track them?
Just file the bug as normal, using the apport crash popup or ubuntu-bug etc.

All bug reports against packages from the gnome3-team PPA's will get automatically[1] directed to here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/

Tim

[1] This only applies to the gnome3-team PPA's as we have a special hook setup. It won't work with any other PPA's, hence the confusion
sometimes from the Ubuntu guys.