Testing/QA Communications and Ubuntu GNOME General Mailing List

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:30:05 UTC 2013

Hi,

Starting from the next cycle (14.04), we are going to use this email:

ubuntugnome-qa at lists.launchpad.net

However, I'd recommend to start from now :)

You need to be a member of: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa
So that, you can subscribe to that mailing list.

Ubuntu GNOME QA is a Sub-Team of Ubuntu GNOME which has only and only
purpose: QA and Testing.

For all our QA/Testing Communications (Emails) and CC the general mailing
list when there is something important/urgent.

Some users are NOT interested about testing and they have subscribed to the
mailing list for other kind of information.

The General Mailing List is much better to be used for Announcement,
Important Updates, Support, and similar topics.

Before, Ubuntu GNOME had very few testers and no Team Leader for QA. Now,
Ubuntu GNOME does have an active Team of Testers :) therefore, we need to
keep the QA and Testing Communications on its area.

Ubuntu and Lubuntu both have separate team and list for QA and Testing. Not
sure about others but Xubuntu have also two, one for Development and other
is for general support.

So, PLEASE, those who are subscribing to the Main Mailing List:
buntu-gnome at lists.ubuntu.com

And they are interested about Testing and would like to actually help us,
please do join:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa

Thank you!

P.S.
Ubuntu GNOME QA Sub-Team now have 10 Active Testers and we haven't yet
started the real fun. I wonder how many we will have after  few months ;)