Some testing feedback with daily 2013-09-30 image

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 14:36:47 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Romuald TISSERAND <rtisserand at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I was able to test the live daily of the 2013-09-30 from a USB key.
> Unfortunately, as my internel line is down, I can't raise bug with apport.
> However, I can do it manually (so without many technical details) but I
> don't know if this is acceptable, let me know.

Hi,
You mean without: ubuntu-bug ?

> First topic: Booting in UEFI mode
> -> Same problem as some weeks ago, there is a bad screen reshesh frequency
> which makes the live CD unsable on Intel Graphics HD4000 (Ivy Bridge).

As Tim mentioned, it seems a general issue with Ubuntu and flavours as
well. I think I have seen a similar bug. I will try to search for it and
once I will find it, I will let you know :)

> Second topic: Hardware keys
> -> I do confirm all hardware keys work with this daily image (Power
> switch, screen backlight, sound and keyboard backlight). All key actions
> display the correct overlay widget on the screen as well. So this confirms
> there is broken in the Gnome Next PPA. If I find the time, I'll do some
> testing by purging the Next ppa from my system and check my assumption.
>
> romu

While I do understand that it is actually good you are testing the PPA of
GNOME but let's please keep in mind that this PPA is not shipped by default
:)
Having that said, we need to focus on the default build and then test the
PPA. Just a thought and an opinion :)
I am not saying "don't test the PPA", I am just stating my opinion about
which is important.

Anyway, this is really good to know that NO NEW bug to be reported, phew.
This is a relief :D

Keep it up and THANKS for testing :)