Ubuntu GNOME Volunteer

Julien Olivier julo42 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 12:09:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

this is not the first time that the idea of an original theme is
proposed. In my humble opinion, the theme that should be used in Ubuntu
GNOME should the default GNOME theme. After all, Ubuntu GNOME's goal is
to deliver a near-upstream GNOME experience. More over, the default
GNOME theme was created in order to provide a very conservative default
that anyone is free to change but that should be as uncontroversial as
possible. And I think Adwaita is the perfect theme for that. That's why
I propose to stick with it and let upstream GNOME designers decide
what's the best default theme for us.