uoa vs goa
julo42 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 05:30:14 UTC 2013
could anyone explain me what the plan is concerning
Ubuntu-Online-Accounts and GNOME-Online-Accounts in future Ubuntu GNOME
Currently, the situation is very confusing:
- there are two control center items called "Online accounts".
- if you configure a Google account in UOA, you're supposed to be
getting automatic configuration for Shotwell and Empathy. But, actually,
you get Evolution (email, contacts, calendar) integration as well, with
no way to disable (or fine-grain) it from the control center.
- if you configure a Google account in GOA, you get automatic
integration inside Evolution (email, contacts, calendar), Documents and
Empathy, and you can choose to enable / disable the components you need.
- if you use GOA but not UOA, although your account works in Empathy,
clicking on "accounts" from Empathy's menu does nothing. It works when
using UOA though.
- if you configure the same Google account in both UOA and GOA, you get
two email account, two contact lists and two calendars in Evolution.
As you can see, it's a bit complicated to understand which should be
used, and it would help to know what the developers are doing (or not)
to try to simplify the situation.
Thanks a lot!
More information about the Ubuntu-GNOME