Upgrading to 13.04 from Ubuntu GNOME Remix 12.10

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sun May 12 07:31:44 UTC 2013

You won't get what you want out of Nautilus.  It's the same non-functional
version in both Gnome 3.6 and 3.8.  What you will need to do in order to
retain functionality is install the Solus fork:

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/04/get-nautilus-34-features-back-in-ubuntu.html

This works very well, in my experience.  Thank God for the Solus fork; I
was really floundering with the new Nautilus.  Even the keystroke shortcuts
were changed.  My "automatic fingers" for renaming a file, for example,
didn't work any more. Constant friction.

​Dominik